Monday 29 October 2012

Every Picture...

... tells a story, right?

Right.

Seeing as I am having great difficulty in communicating some of the ways in which my head is dealing with the treatment here in the unit, I figured that perhaps I could use some pictures. 
Cop out?
Perhaps. But at least it's something; and something is better than nothing. 



When I came into this treatment centre, my sister (the anorexic one) sent me this bracelet. If you look closely, you'll see that the simple piece of thread is tied to a charm depicting a little bird. 
I haven't taken it off since I put it on. For me, the bird is representative of hope and freedom.

I think one of the hardest things in recovery is holding on to hope. Right now, despite my weight being up to 40.1 kilograms, I can't ever imagine being about to shake this illness off. 

But I have to hope.
I need it in my spinal fluid. I literally need it to strengthen my backbone. 
I need it to give me the strength to keep going. 
I need it like the world needs a horizon. My world needs a horizon. I think it's a need that every human being has. 
Trouble begins when the horizon isn't visible.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are taking this illness by the horns. I believe in you. Don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not on your own. You are doing this - step by step. And you are brave and beautiful. Hang in there sister - it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda - Thank you for believing in me.

    Emma - Thank you for stopping by. Your encouragement is so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete