Sunday 18 October 2009

Still Breathing.

Kind people have suggested that sometimes it's important to just stay breathing and it reminded me of this song which was on the last album released by Lifehouse, a Christian band who, despite that fact, are very good.
- Apologies offered for (not wholly unfair) prejudice.

Depression is like a magnet which locks onto you and drags everything 'living' out of you.
Sometimes, barely breathing is as much as you can manage.



The Broken clock is a comfort
It helps me sleep tonight
Maybe it can stop tomorrow
From steeling all my time
And I am here still waiting
Though I still have my doubts
I am damaged at best
Like you've already figured out

I'm falling apart
I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart
That's still beating
In the pain
There is healing
In your name
I find meaning
So I'm holding on (I'm holdin on)(I'm holdin on)
I'm barely holding on to you

4 comments:

  1. Hi
    yes, hold on, and I will not let go, not ever. Know that- I am moved to deep understanding by the song - keep breathing - hold on and again, I wont let go.

    Love to you
    Gail
    peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. one day at a time, one moment at a time, and easy does it. Routing for you. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe hugs to you. Glad you hold on to dear life. Keep you in my thoughts. Love across the pond

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the song.
    Just keep breathing, you'll get there.
    xx

    ReplyDelete